WE ARE HIRING STUDENTS!
Position Title: Front Desk Staff (2)
Employer: Laurentian Students’ Union (LSU)
Position: Part-time (10-12 hrs per week)
Wage: $10.25 per hour.
The Laurentian Students’ Union is a student run organization existing independently from both Laurentian University and the Georgian College administrations. Its role is to act as the voice of the Laurentian student body, representing the interests of its members to all levels of government and university and college administration.
Attend to visitors and deal with phone, email, and in person inquiries. Supply information regarding the organization to the general public, clients and customers.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provide in a welcoming and professional manner, general help to all students, staff, and public who come into the office.
• Manage and maintain front desk Point of Sale systems, cash handling systems, petty cash handling, and all other relevant goods and systems necessary for services delivery and customer service.
• Track and record all sales.
• Answer the telephone, take messages, and reply to general inquiry emails.
• Keep office and reception area clean and organized .
• Act as primary point of contact for all shipping/receiving, mail, and courier responsibilities.
• Answer telephone, screen and direct calls.
• Take and relay messages to Union Executive and staff.
• Provide information to callers.
• Deal with queries from the public and customers.
• General administrative and clerical support.
• Prepare letters and documents.
• Receive and sort mail and deliveries.
• Schedule appointments.
• Organize conference and meeting room bookings.
• Maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically.
• Assist in implementing the directives of the LSU executive.
Hours of Operation:
• A typical work week will include standard business hours but may include occasional evenings and weekends. The employee shall work in the LSU office between the hours as agreed with the LSU executive.
• The Front Desk Staff will report directly to the President and Vice-President Administration and indirectly to the Laurentian Students’ Union executive.
• The employee shall not, during the continuance of his/her employment here under, or at any time thereafter, use other than for the benefit of the LSU, or as required by law, disclose or make accessible to any other person, association or corporation any of their confidential information or methods of doing business of the corporation or its associated activities or their customers or their business associates. This restriction shall cease to apply to information or knowledge which may legitimately come into the public domain.
PLEASE NOTE: LSU is an independently incorporated organization working within Georgian College and Laurentian University. This position is not a Laurentian University of Georgian College staff position.
Interested candidates should send their résumé and cover letter, to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on February 5th, 2013. All applications should be received via e-mail or dropped off in a sealed envelope at the LSU Office (E112A) addressed to Athena Vethanayagam, Vice-President Administration.
We thank all who apply, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vice-President of Administration
Member local 111 of the Canadian Federation of Students