*The opt-out/opt-in deadline is September 30, 2014*
This year there seems to be some road bumps with the health plan, not only with Laurentian taking over registration, but also with some procedural changes with our service provider.
Typically, if you have registered as a full-time Laurentian student you have already paid your health and dental plan fee and would be automatically covered by the plan. Part time students should not be charged this fee and must opt-in if they require coverage. However, there seems to be some discrepancy between what student’s are understanding they are registered as and what they have indicated their “intended course load” as.
All students should check their webadvisor account to see if they have been charged this fee ($285) or check with LU Administration in C303 or at the 130 Bell Farm Rd. Offices.
The coverage will go live at once all students have opted in or out so until then save your receipts. Once the coverage has been made live you will be able to submit your receipts to the service provider using claims forms, available below or in our office, E 112A.
If you have been charged the Health and Dental Plan Fee and want to opt-out of the coverage provided by the LSU, you must do so on or before Tuesday, September 30, 2014. This can be done by visiting https://studentplans.hroffice.com and following the instructions below
Before You Begin you will need:
- A valid Laurentian student number;
- A functional Laurentian email address; and,
- Proof of comparable coverage from another insurance plan.
Please click the link below to begin the opt-out process.
- Visit studentplans.hroffice.com
- create an access code
- Select–Laurentian Students’ Union Barrie–as your STUDENT GROUP
- Select ALL ELIGIBLE STUDENT GROUPS
- Select FULL-TIME/PART-TIME
- USE YOUR LAURENTIAN EMAIL AND STUDENT NUMBER
- Fill in your personal information, and submit
- You will receive a login and password to your laurentian email–login
- You can now revisit studentplans.hroffice.com and begin the opt-out process with the login and password that has just been emailed to you
If you have not been charged the Health and Dental Plan Fee and want to opt-into the coverage provided by the LSU, you must do so on or before Tuesday, September 30, 2014. This can be done by filling out a form that is available in the LSU Office, Room E112A.
If you are wanting to access/add dependents to your benefit plan you must also opt them in for coverage using the opt-in form.
Completed opt-in forms can be emailed to email@example.com and all cheques for opt-in and the addition of dependents can be made payable to the Laurentian Students’ Union.
If you have any further questions contact our health service administrator, Mary Graham, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 705-728-1968 ext. 1994, or in person by stopping the LSU Office, E 112A, Monday-Thursday between 930am and 230pm.